Sunday, July 31, 2005

Goin' Back to Cali...

I'm going to California for the rest of this week for my grandmother's funeral. She fought off the last stage of Alzheimer's disease as long as she could. We'll all greatly miss Lola as she was a strong-willed, funny, and good woman. I wish I had kept in touch with her more often over these years - like sending a card to say hello and how I'm doing - even if she wouldn't remember who I am. It's a sad reason to be going back to the place my family and I once considered home but these things happen and we unfortunately knew it was going to .

There are never any winners in the battle and it's shocking that 1 in 20 people over 65, and 1 in 4 people over 85 are affected by Alzheimer's.

My employer and client manager were very understanding and allowed me to take the rest of the week on bereavement leave. I'll be in San Jose/Santa Clara for most of the week and I may go down to Los Angeles to visit family there as well. Yes, some Goldilocks Ensaymada and Polvoron treats are coming back with me - along with King's Hawaiian Bread.

...

I finished reading "The Rule of Four" and I found it was a so-so read and I'll explain why when I get back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home