Sunday, July 17, 2005

Your student.cs account has expired

That was the email subject sent to my old UW email account just over a month ago. Today's the official expiration date for my CS undergrad account and I've copied off any files from my user directory for sentimental value. There's some truth in the last statement as my webspace that I first populated way back in my 1B Winter 2000 term for an online essay assignment still shows up if you Google for me.

For UNIX users, you'll know what a .plan is - and here's my .plan that I initially created in my freshman year:
Get MBA.
Own (or drive) the following: Mazda6, Acura TL, Infiniti G35 Coupe, BMW M3 SMG,
Porsche Boxster S or 911, Audi RS 6.
Witness a space shuttle launch in person.
Visit Angel Falls, Chichen Itza, Easter Island, Galapagos Islands, Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, Great Wall of China, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Legoland, Pyramids at Giza & the Sphinx, Sahara Desert, Stonehenge, Yellowstone, etc. (& not in any order)...
Retire before 50.

And now my updated .plan as of this date:
Get MBA before I turn 30.
Own the following: Mazda 3 Sport GT, Acura TSX, BMW 545i
Drive the following: Mini Cooper S, Chrysler 300C, Acura RL, Infiniti G35 Coupe, BMW M3 SMG, Porsche Boxster S and 911.
Witness a space shuttle launch in person.
Visit (in no particular order): Angel Falls, Chichen Itza, Easter Island, Galapagos Islands, Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, Great Wall of China, Pyramids at Giza & the Sphinx, Sahara Desert, Stonehenge, Taj Mahal, and view the Northern Lights.
Retire by 55.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home