Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fair Consorts, let us alight...

"When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done."
"But battles are ugly when women fight."
" - he had just time to duck down and plunge his sword, as hard as he could, between the brute's forelegs into its heart."
"... and both girls flung themselves upon him and covered him with kisses."
"He was covered with blood, his mouth was open, and his face a nasty green colour."
You need to read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" (LWW) to understand the context of the above phrases before you misinterpret them. These lines may not seem to be from a children's book, but they really are. I just finished it today and am looking forward to reading the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia. I hope the upcoming movie will do the book justice as Mr. Lewis was very descriptive and careful in his writing. Huh. I just noticed that LWW is actually second in the order of the series. Schnap. I'll read the rest of them (in proper order) once I'm done reading my next book: "The Rule of Four" by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home