Friday, December 02, 2005

Craptors and Paper Towels

I had the privilege and the torment to watch two live Toronto Raptors games this past week at the ACC. The first had the Dallas Mavs visiting and that was a really great game to witness. I knew Jason Terry would take their last shot but his buzzer beater wasn't the outcome I was hoping for. At least the seats my uncle got were great: Row 6 in Section 118 - the closest I've been yet! Then on Wednesday at 17:30 my bro-in-law calls me up to see if I'm interested in seeing the Memphis Grizzlies that night. I had to skip my Toastmasters meeting and had I known the outcome of the game, I might have said 'no'. When a young team like the Craps aren't able to score 50 points heading into the 4th quarter, that's painful to watch. I didn't know that the Griz are a great defensive team this season and it must be true since so many easy baskets (read: layups) were missed by the home team. We left the game with five minutes to go and headed up to one of Bay St's favourite watering holes, Bymark. Only my second time there, but my bro-in-law, E.H., always knows people who show up there... a great atmosphere and a "classy" place that's for sure. BTW, the Bymark restroom has the best paper towels (yet) to dry your hands with. But E.H. says there's another restaurant that has paper towels that are like cotton towels you'd want to steal for home. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home